Gold Medal (quality) Fishing On The Taylor River
You have just found one of the best cold water fisheries in the state of Colorado! Our 3/4 of a mile of waters including the Taylor River and tributaries has been said to be "twice the fishing at half the price" of the Frying Pan near Aspen. Trophy fishing at it's finest; the grand slam every day! No guides required. Our fee to fish per person is $100/day or FREE if you are a guest of Harmel's. Come to enjoy our beautiful scenery and the wiley trout; stay to enjoy our comfortable accommodations, great food and friendly staff!
Harmel's Ranch Resort trophy fishery is known as "Rainbow Heaven". Fed by high mountain lakes, (Taylor and Spring Creek Reservoirs), Harmel's Gold Medal quality waters are at the confluence of Spring Creek, Beaver Creek, and the famous Taylor River. Just downstream the Taylor River meets the East River to form the Gunnison River which flows into Blue Mesa Reservoir, the largest lake in Colorado.
At an altitude of 8,412 feet and surrounded by 1.6 million acres of the Gunnison National Forest, Harmel's has posted private rivers, beaver ponds, and a stocked kids pond to chose from. We catch BIG FISH; rainbow, German brown, cutthroat, and brookies, right out your cabin door. Our helpful guides are equipped to satisfy your every fishing need, and would be happy to answer any questions you have about our private stretch or the local public waters.
Fly and tackle shop, casting lessons, and guided fishing service. You will need a Colorado State fishing license to fish our waters. Sorry, we do not sell Colorado State fishing licenses at Harmel's. You can pick one up at a sporting goods store along the way or order yours online: click here.
Area attractions: Gunnison, Taylor, Spring Creek & East Rivers, Taylor Reservoir, Spring Creek Reservoir, and Blue Mesa Reservoir.
- Fly and Tackle Shop
- Private Lessons
- Guide Service
- Rod, Wader, and Boot Rentals
- Friendly and Helpful Staff
Sorry, we do not sell Colorado State fishing licenses.
10 reasons to come fly fishing at Harmel's on the Taylor River:
- Cozy cabins next to the best stretch of fly fishing habitat on the world famous Taylor River, Gold Medal Water standards 7 times over!
- Harmel's Ranch Resort's private access to our improved Gold Medal quality river habitat that boasts at least 12 trout over 14" per acre or 60 lbs. of trout biomass per acre.
- Private, guided fly fishing tours of our manicured 11 surface acres of "Fishing Heaven".
- Our expert Taylor River Guides teach the proper techniques, from fly casting, to setting the hook, to netting and releasing trophy size browns, rainbows, brookies and cutthroat.
- Harmel's Taylor River Fly shop has waders and fly rods available for rental, along with a wide range of tackle and supplies, everything necessary to learn the art of fly fishing.
- The best après fishing in Colorado at Harmel's Firepit Saloon, enjoy a cocktail or fine brew, while recounting the fish stories of the day.
- Harmel's Taylor River Guides know what natural insect life is currently hatching, and they will share this vital knowledge with you in selecting the flies that are working!
- Our staff every year has been heralded as "some of the finest young folks around".
- To reclaim your sanity... and
- We catch BIG TROUT!